Our client is a worldwide leader in the mining sector
The Financial controller will be responsible for all the financial and commercial functions within Mauritania and will also be a key part of the senior in country management team. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Treasury and cash management in Mauritania,
- Financial, tax and statutory reporting,
- Management of the supply and procurement functions,
- The monthly management reporting for the Mauritania projects,
- Coordination of the monthly forecasting, and annual budgeting and planning process for Mauritania,
- Continued roll out of the Group's policies and procedures,
- Implement commercial systems in Mauritania in preparation for the construction and operation of the Mauritania projects,
- Training and mentoring of Mauritania commercial staff,
- Legal and regulatory compliance,
- Management of in country Joint Venture relationship,
- Assist the Vice President with Government negotiations.
With a University degree or a qualification in accounting or finance, you hold the CA/CPA and have a minimum of 8 years in a similar financial controller role within a mining environment.
A previous experience in an emerging country is desirable.
You must demonstrate strong leadership skills and business acumen with an ability to be financial partner to the operations management.
Fluency in French and in English is mandatory.
What's on offer
Attractive expatriate package
This position is on a rotational basis (FIFO): 6 weeks in / 3 weeks off.
Michael Page Contact
Your application will be sent to Kahina Feknous
Reference : QKFE594954